Custom, professional-quality dentures made at our Staten Island, NY, practice are a complete restorative solution for patients missing multiple teeth or an entire arch on their upper or lower jaw. In most cases, your customized restoration can be fabricated and fitted on the same day, thanks to our on-site dental lab. Dr. Joseph T. Mormino provides both traditional and implant-supported dentures to meet patients’ unique needs. Traditional dentures are removable, whereas implant-supported dentures are a long-lasting solution that offers unrivaled security and durability. During a consultation, Dr. Mormino can help determine which restoration works best for you.
We provide two different types of traditional dentures at our practice:
- Full Dentures: This type of restoration can replace missing teeth in the upper or lower arch. Made from durable materials, the restoration will be customized to match the natural shape, color, and size of your teeth. You will need to remove your device each night while you sleep to help preserve your gum and jawbone health. In most cases, a full denture can last many years before needing to be replaced.
- Partial Dentures: This type of restoration is a more affordable and less invasive alternative to dental bridges and dental implants. Partial dentures are designed with the same natural-looking materials as full dentures, but instead of using dental adhesive, partial dentures attach to adjacent teeth with tiny metal clasps.
The benefits of our full and partial dentures include:
- Designed and fitted on the same day
- Improved ability to eat and speak with confidence
- Natural-looking aesthetics
- More affordable and less invasive approach to dental implants
If you are looking for a more permanent solution to missing teeth, and you have sufficient jawbone tissue and healthy gums, you may be a candidate for implant-supported dentures. Receiving dental implants requires surgically placing four or more small titanium posts into your jawbone. In most cases, it will take about four to six months for the posts to fuse with your jawbone. Once you have fully healed, the implants can create a firm foundation for your restoration.
Traditional dentures are removable, whereas implant-supported dentures are a permanent solution that offers unrivaled security and durability.
A follow-up procedure will involve Dr. Mormino attaching an abutment (connector) to the dental implant in order to provide a secure connection for your restoration. Because this procedure involves minor surgery, you will need about one to two weeks of recovery time for the gums to heal before your permanent restoration is secured.
Although more costly than traditional dentures, implant-supported restorations should be considered an investment in your future oral health. If properly cared for, your restoration can last for 10⎼15 years. Other benefits of implant-supported dentures include:
- A secure and durable fit that will not shift or move out of place
- The ability for you to enjoy all of your favorite foods
- No need for messy adhesives
- More natural-feeling and looking aesthetics
- The ability to prevent bone and gum degeneration
In addition, Dr. Mormino is able to perform every stage of implant treatment, including placement surgery and restoration, on-site.
Designing Your Restoration
To design your restoration, Dr. Mormino will take digital impressions of your teeth and gums that will be sent to our on-site lab. There, he will work side-by-side with a lab technician to design your customized device to ensure a proper fit and natural-looking aesthetics. This approach allows us complete control over the entire process for optimal results.
Contact Us Today
If you are considering a complete restorative solution for damaged and missing teeth, you may be an ideal candidate for dentures. Call our office at (718) 571-8428 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mormino.