Full Mouth Reconstruction
Severe damage, decay, or tooth loss can cause you to feel overwhelmed or even hopeless about restoring a strong, healthy smile again.
Dr. Joseph T. Mormino offers full mouth reconstruction and can combine several procedures based on your unique goals and budget.
How can I benefit for a full mouth reconstruction?
A Custom Treatment Plan Can Boost Your Quality of Life
Protect Your Oral HealthDental decay and infection can spread to surrounding tissues when left untreated. Receiving timely restorative treatment can help preserve your teeth and protect your overall oral health.
Enhance the Appearance of Your SmileClosing gaps in your smile and addressing cracks, misalignment, or noticeably decayed teeth can improve the aesthetics of your smile. Dr. Mormino uses natural-looking materials to blend seamlessly with your surrounding teeth.
Enjoy Greater Comfort & Confidence
Restoring good oral health can provide far-reaching benefits, improving your ability to chew and speak and allowing you to feel confident in your smile. Many patients notice an overall better quality of life after full mouth reconstruction.
Many Patients Benefit from Restorative Treatment Each Year
...and that number is growing by 500,000 annually.
2.3 million implant-supported crowns are fabricated annually.
90% of patients with partial or complete tooth loss have dentures.
*According to the American College of Prosthodontists and the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
What is Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction involves planning and performing a personalized set of treatments to repair widespread dental damage and restore oral health and function. This can include treating extensive decay or gum disease, replacing missing teeth, and even performing cosmetic enhancements. Rather than addressing each of these concerns one at a time, Dr. Mormino will combine multiple procedures into a comprehensive treatment plan, which helps to minimize costs, office visits, and recovery times.
Full Mouth Reconstruction
Planning Your Full Mouth Reconstruction
In order to customize your full mouth reconstruction, you will hold a personal consultation with Dr. Mormino. During this visit, we will take dental x-rays and conduct an extensive oral health examination. Once Dr. Mormino understands the extent of your dental damage, he will discuss your goals and budget to help determine a set of procedures that will best achieve the results you desire. Depending on your unique needs, full mouth reconstruction can include:
- Fillings: After treating decay, Dr. Mormino will place a filling to restore the strength of the tooth.
- Dental Crowns: Also known as caps, crowns are placed over damaged teeth to provide support and improve their function and appearance.
- Dental Bridges: Bridges are the traditional method of tooth replacement, and they feature several dental crowns that are fused together to fill in the gaps created by tooth loss.
- Dentures: These trusted and versatile restorations feature artificial teeth and a gum-colored base, and they can be used to replace several missing teeth or an entire row.
- Dental implants: These small metal posts are surgically placed into the jaw, where they fuse with the jawbone to act as artificial tooth roots. Once healed, implants can provide a lifetime of unparalleled support for dental crowns, bridges, and dentures.
In addition to restorative procedures, full mouth reconstruction can also include cosmetic treatments, such as teeth whitening or porcelain veneers, to achieve a complete smile transformation. If you will be receiving a crown, bridge, or veneers, these will be crafted on-site in our advanced dental lab, which is not possible at many other practices.