Health News Article- Common Dental Issues
Article Title: 10 Common Dental Problems and How to Avoid Them
Article Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/14/dental-problems-common_n_834935.html?utm_hp_ref=dental-health#s252884&title=Gum_Disease
Through this health news article, common dental problems are discussed that affect many of our patients. Some of the most common dental problems include:
- Bad Breath- halitosis or bad breath is usually caused by layers of bacteria on the tongue. These bacteria can lead to a foul-smelling odor.
- Gum Disease- bad oral hygiene, smoking, and genetic susceptibility can lead to gum disease, and the disease can place individuals at greater risk for heart attack and stroke.
- Tooth Sensitivity- if the gums recede 1-2 millimeters, the roots of the teeth can become permanently exposed. The root surface is porous and then can allow for fluids and air to stimulate the nerve in the center of each tooth.
- Cavities- You have heard about the dangers of cavities ruining your smile since you were a child. Preventing cavities begins with good oral hygiene and regular dental check ups.
- Toothache- a toothache can be a signal to other oral health problems including cavities, gum disease, impacted wisdom teeth, and more.
From all of the common dental problems, there is one common solutionvisiting your dentist, Dr. Joseph Mormino. If you are experiencing a dental issue, then do not hesitate to visit our offices and our dental team to help address your problem. We are here to provide outstanding patient care and services so that your smile remains healthy for a lifetime.