Strengthen and Enhance Your Smile with Porcelain Crowns
Dental crowns restore strength to teeth that have been significantly compromised by damage or decay. Additionally, porcelain crowns preserve the aesthetics of the smile and provide protection to aid in the prevention of other dental complications, including infection and tooth loss. There are many benefits of porcelain crowns, which is why Staten Island, NY dentist Joseph T. Mormino relies on them to repair smiles. Patients who would like to find out more about porcelain crowns treatment should contact us at their earliest convenience to set up a consultation.
Porcelain Crown Benefits
Most people are disappointed to learn that a tooth has become compromised and that porcelain crown treatment is necessary to restore the health and function of the smile. It is understandable that patients are reluctant about undergoing restorative dentistry treatment. However, porcelain crown treatment is safe, simple, and effective, making it an excellent treatment option for our patients.
Porcelain crowns offer the following benefits:
- Versatility: Porcelain crowns are one of the most versatile dental treatments. Whether a tooth has suffered from advanced decay or erosion, has been cracked or fractured from an oral injury, or has severe aesthetic flaws, a porcelain crown is an appropriate treatment option. Porcelain crowns can even address tooth loss if they are anchored by a dental implant.
- Durability: Porcelain is thought of as a delicate material that can break easily. However, the porcelain compound that is used to fabricate dental crowns is extremely strong and durable. Porcelain crowns can withstand regular wear and tear. With proper care, porcelain crowns can last 15 to 20 years.
- Protection: Porcelain crowns not only restore a compromised tooth, they also provide it with protection. Porcelain crowns surround all exposed sides of the tooth so they act as a barrier that helps block out harmful bacteria. By protecting the natural tooth roots, porcelain crowns minimize the risk of infection or tooth loss.
- Attractiveness: When restorative dentistry treatment is needed, many patients worry about what their smile will look like afterwards. Porcelain crowns are tooth-shaped restorations that are customized to the specific needs of each patient. When designing a dental crown, Dr. Mormino takes into account the size, shape, and color of the restoration to ensure it will blend in seamlessly with the natural smile.
- Convenience of treatment: Porcelain crown treatment is not complicated. Dental crowns are placed using a two-step process. Step one involves cleaning the teeth to remove damaged material and preparing it for dental crown placement. Step two involves bonding the completed porcelain crown to the tooth. While this typically takes place over two dental appointments, we use an in-office lab that allows us to offer our patients the convenience of same-day porcelain crown treatment.
- Ease of care: Proper care will ensure that porcelain crowns last for many years. Fortunately, it is easy to care for dental crowns. Once in place, porcelain crowns can be brushed and flossed just like the natural teeth. With good at-home oral hygiene habits and a regular schedule of dental exams and cleanings, most patients should have no problem preserving their porcelain crown.
Schedule a Consultation
If a tooth has been damaged by injury or decay, it is important to restore it before further damage develops. In most cases, there is no better treatment option than a porcelain crown. If you’d like to learn more about porcelain crown treatment and how it can restore the health, strength, and beauty of your smile, schedule a consultation with Dr. Joseph T. Mormino at your earliest convenience.